- Registered E.C.E with honours
- Food Safety Handling certificate
- Police clearance
- Family references available
- CPR and First Aid
- JK/SK teacher’s assistant in a private school setting
- Infant to preschool E.C.E. teacher in a licensed daycare centre
- Volunteer worker in a church nursery and preschool setting
- Currently over 15 years as owner/Registered ECE teacher at Busy Bees Home Child Care
There are many advantages for home child care. Busy Bees provides an environment for children which is home-like. The physical arrangements resembles in some ways like the youngsters home. We have a kitchen, cot/playpen for sleep, change table/toilet facilities and play areas in rooms on the main floor.
The small number of children means we all have time to develop close friendships which in the end contributes to their feelings of trust, security, and confidence.
Moreover, Busy Bees includes infants to school age and as a result, children have opportunities to learn from each other. For example, a toddler loves to give a little hug for an infant who is crying or an older child volunteers to help their toddler friend put on his/her friends shoe.
Busy Bees believes each precious child is special with his/her own personality. For example, during free play, some friends are crazy about playing with blocks while others just enjoy colouring. So we can see that each child is unique in personality, interests, capabilities, and inspiration. It’s good for children to learn to have respect for others and to develop self-esteem and confidence in themselves.